FemBioBiz Acceleration Programme
FemBioBiz Acceleration Programme
SANBio empowering Female-owned Bio-Businesses!
Call for Participation – Closing Date: 15 April 2017
Are you an ambitious female leading a business in the Biosciences arena (human/animal nutrition or health)? Would you like to speed up your business growth, receive training and mentoring, marketing exposure, funding and a SANBio/BioFISA II sponsored trip to Slush (Europe’s leading startup event in Finland) and the 2017 SA Innovation Summit (Cape Town)?
If you answered YES to these questions, we invite you to apply now to participate in the SANBio FemBioBiz Acceleration Programme. Don’t miss out on the chance to elevate your business to the next level with this unique opportunity to gain enormous exposure, training, ongoing mentorship and funding!
What is it?
The Programme has been created to develop leadership, technological and business skills in female-owned businesses in the SADC region to support deal-making and business acceleration in the Biosciences arena.
Who should apply to the Programme?
You should apply if:
- You are a female founder or senior manager in a bioscience-based company (human/animal nutrition & human/animal health);
- Your business is in the growth phase;
- You are passionate about your business and have a strong desire to accelerate at an even faster pace;
- The business is based in one of the 12 SANBio member states (South Africa, Malawi, Mozambique, Angola, Namibia, Seychelles, Mauritius, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Lesotho, Swaziland and Botswana).
What is in it for you?
If selected for participation:
- You will receive FREE 2-day training on moving your business forward through pitches and presentations;
- You will belong to a network of like-minded people across borders;
- Your business will receive marketing exposure;
- You have a chance to be selected for the next phase of the Programme, to receive two and a half months of intensive business mentorship and training;
- Top performers will have the opportunity to meet investors, business experts and potential mentors;
- Top performers will visit Cape Town to participate at the 2017 SA Innovation Summit;
- The top performer will receive a grant of R250 000 to move the business forward;
- The top performer will receive a trip to attend Slush 2017 in Finland, where international opportunities await!
What will I need to commit to?
Participants in the Programme must be able to commit to the following:
- 2 days in-country training, preparing and pitching your business to various audiences (rolled-out in various SANBio member);
- 5-day boot camp in South Africa, (Pretoria, South Africa) (June/ July 2017);
- Participation in continuous online mentorship and weekly online meetings between 1 June and 15 August 2017;
- Finalist session from 6 – 7 September 2017 (Cape Town);
- Slush 2017 (31 Nov – 1 Dec) and SA Innovation Summit 2017 (6-8 September 2017).
If you would like to be part of the Bioscience Buzz, show your interest by going to www.innovationsummit.co.za or www.nepadsanbio.org/ to submit your application to participate. For further information, kindly contact Tirelo Ramasedi on (+267) 71387231 or send an email to email@example.com
Download PDF: Download here