Closing Date: 22nd March 2019 at 1700hrs
Employment Opportunity at Botswana Innovation Hub; Innovation is happening here, come and join us.
Property Development & Facilities Manager
Reporting to the Director: Property Development & Facilities Management, the position coordinates the delivery of Estate Management and Property Development services for the Hub to ensure cost effectiveness, management of space, buildings & equipment in accordance with National & BIH standards to contribute to the achievement of the BIH Strategic and Operational agenda and the advancement of the National Economic Diversification drive.
• Oversees development projects, to construct, maintain and renovate BIH infrastructural facilities through coordinating with internal and external stake-holders, contractors, professional consultants and all other key players.
• Facilitates the design, acquisition, construction, use, maintenance and disposal of Hub property in accordance with needs and specifications to ensure the advancement of the strategic agenda of the BIH.
• Oversees the delivery of property and facilities management services outsourced to external contractors to ensure they are implemented in accordance with Hub policies and that they adhere to the required national standards.
• Regularly checks the state of property and facilities to identify maintenance and repair needs to ensure that state of property and facilities adheres to high standards of Health and Safety to promote the welfare of all.
• Responds to urgent maintenance requirements as required to ensure that the welfare of users is promoted, and the value of property and facilities is enhanced.
• Coordinates the development and implementation of emergency preparedness plans to ensure high levels of preparedness in accordance with Hub and national standards.
• Oversees the development of BIH land bank and other facilities in accordance with Hub rules and regulations to ensure client satisfaction, income generation and the promotion of the BIH strategic agenda.
• Oversees the maintenance of the property register and other records of facilities in accordance with Hub policies to ensure high levels of accountability and responsiveness.
• Assists in the preparation of the relevant policies and strategies to ensure efficiency and governance.
• Oversees procurement needs for property and facilities management.
• Facilitates the development of the performance capacity of Divisional employees to ensure that they are properly supervised, adequately trained & equipped and that they meet Hub standards.
• Contributes to the drawing up of budgets and expenditure/revenue forecasts and general cost containment.
• A recognised Degree in the Built Environment E.g. Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Architecture, Estates Management, Building Maintenance, Business or similar.
• Membership of the Real Estates Institute of Botswana or relevant and similar body.
• At least eight (8) years’ experience in Property and or Facilities Management, three years (3) in management experience in the property sector.
• Good knowledge of Building Regulations and relevant Health and Safety Legislation.
• Project Management knowledge.
• Excellent team leadership.
• Good organising and resource management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, emotional intelligence and communication skills.
If you are ready for this challenge, please apply enclosing your CV and certificates to:
Email to: email@example.com
Hand deliver to: Botswana Innovation Hub, Science and Technology Park Plot 69184, Block 8 Industrial, Gaborone
Closing Date: 22nd March 2019 at 1700hrs
Download PDF: Download here
|Job Category||Property Development, Property Development & Facilities Manager|
|Experience||At least eight (8) years’ experience in Property and or Facilities Management, three years (3) in management experience in the property sector.|
|Qualification||A recognised Degree in the Built Environment, Membership of the Real Estates Institute of Botswana or relevant and similar body.|