Internet, Cyber Security and Information Systems: Public Notice
Botswana Innovation Hub in collaboration with the Ministry of Transport and Communication, The University Of Botswana (UB) and the University of Johannesburg (UJ), South Africa are hosting the First International Conference on the Internet, Cyber Security and Information Systems. The conference will be held in Gaborone from 18th to 20th May 2016 at The Gaborone International Convention Center (GICC) and The Grand Palm hotel.
The main aim of the conference is to share challenges and solutions to the continuing problems posed by Internet Based information Systems (especially Cyber Security issues) and to share experiences and best practices;
- On policy, strategy and regulatory framework addressing cyber-crime;
- On areas such as critical infrastructure – including the backbone, services and protection structures such as CERTs;
- On deployment of cyber-infrastructures and open data sharing for research and innovation.
- And to address cybersecurity capacity building and to stimulate discussions and interactions regionally and internationally around these areas.
- On the impact of cyber security on Organizational Information Systems
The conference will do this by bringing together stakeholders and delegates in workshops. The common running thread for the workshops’ interactions and deliberations and outputs will also help feed into the development of a Model National Cybersecurity Strategy that could be used as a template by countries most of which will be represented from the region and the continent to build on.
This conference is intended to be the annual event for deliberations on these issues in the region and the continent and a platform to provide insight into initiatives, knowledge exchange and create a networking forum for interaction with key players in the field from around the world.
The conference is also in in partnership with the Ministry of Infrastructure Science and Technology, Botswana Communications Regulatory Authority (BOCRA), Botswana Fiber Networks (BOFINET), Southern African Development Community (SADC) and the American Embassy in Botswana as well as American cybersecurity stakeholders.
Kindly refer to the link bellow for further details: