An exciting opportunity listed below has arisen within the Botswana Innovation Hub (BIH). Innovation is happening
here….Come and join us!
Accountant - Receivables
The purpose of the job is to perform day to day processing, recording and reconciliation of accounting information to ensure accurate maintenance of records of financial transactions in accordance with laid down procedures, schedules, set standards and deadlines. The incumbent will also assist the Finance Manager in producing the budget, management and annual financial statements and in the annual audit of the BIH financial statements.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, Key Responsibilities will include;
- Monitors the accounts receivable and general ledger activities covering all revenue accounts to ensure that the
Company received all payments that are due to it from its clients.
- Oversees the billing department activities to ensure that clients are notified promptly of any revenues owed to the
- Collects all money owed to the BIH as efficiently as possible to strengthen the income earned and enable Hub
operations to be carried out effectively.
- Processes daily invoices and bills and ensures that they are passed to the appropriate office where they would be
documented accurately and promptly in accordance with Company procedures.
- Monitors daily bank deposits, AR related activities and credit card transactions to ensure effective reporting in
accordance with BIH policy.
- Produce regular reports showing all transactions for a particular period to ensure adjustments are completed and
that financial statement are created in accordance with Company standards.
- Assists in the preparation of Management Accounts in accordance with reporting standards to ensure effective
- Computes and submits income tax, PAYE, WHT and VAT returns in accordance with requirements.
- Maintains and updates the Hub’s fixed asset register, supervises/performs asset verifications and reconciliations to
the general ledger.
- Supervision of junior staff.
Competencies Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or Full AAT qualification plus part qualification in a professional
accountancy qualification such as CIMA, ACCA or equivalent.
- Membership of BICA is compulsory.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience in a commercial and computerised accounting environment is required.
- Knowledgeable in accounting software applications and preferably have working knowledge of SAP.
If you are ready for this challenge, please apply using the link below:
Closing Date: 13th December 2020 at 1700hrs
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO