Reporting to the Director: Property Development & Facilities Management, the position coordinates the delivery of Estate Management and Property Development services for the Hub to ensure cost effectiveness, management of space, buildings & equipment in accordance with National & BIH standards to contribute to the achievement of the BIH Strategic and Operational agenda and the advancement of the National Economic Diversification drive.
- Oversees development projects, to construct, maintain and renovate BIH infrastructural facilities through coordinating with internal and external stake-holders, contractors, professional consultants and all other key players.
- Facilitates the design, acquisition, construction, use, maintenance and disposal of Hub property in accordance with needs and specifications to ensure the advancement of the strategic agenda of the BIH.
- Oversees the delivery of property and facilities management services outsourced to external contractors to ensure they are implemented in accordance with Hub policies and that they adhere to the required national standards
- Regularly checks the state of property and facilities to identify maintenance and repair needs to ensure that state of property and facilities adheres to high standards of Health and Safety to promote the welfare of all.
- Responds to urgent maintenance requirements as required to ensure that the welfare of users is promoted, and the value of property and facilities is enhanced.
- A recognised Degree in the Built Environment E.g. Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Architecture, Estates Management, Building Maintenance, Business or similar.
- Membership of the Real Estates Institute of Botswana or relevant and similar body.
- At least eight (8) years’ experience in Property and or Facilities Management, three years (3) in management experience in the property sector.
- Professional demeanor;
- Personal accountability and strong work ethic;
- Professional, able to interact with vendors/clients;
- Positive, “can do” attitude.